It’s my favorite time of year: award season! Between the Golden Globes, the BAFTAs and the Grammys, I’m completely smitten by the nearly back-to-back weekends filled with glitz and glamor. But the granddaddy of all awards shows has to be the Oscars. This year, I’ve invited the girls over to watch the show with me. One of the cool things about living on the west coast is that it starts around 4pm and ends around 8pm, so it’s not too late, especially on a “school night.” I thought I would spice things up by planning a menu based on the films that were released in the 2011/2012 award season. I’m doing a mix of foods inspired by the films as well as some “punny” takes on some of my favorite dishes. Here’s what I have so far:
- The Decendips: War Horse-radish hummus and Billy Beane Dip
- The Girl with the Dragon Fondue served with The Artist’an Bread and Hugo’s apples.
- Tinker Tailor Sausage Spy (Sausage bites for dipping in the fondue)
- Eggstremely Round and Incredibly Delicious Deviled Eggs
- Minnie’s “Terrible Awful” Chocolate Pie
- Midnight in Pear’is Tarte
- Gin & Tin Tin Tonics
- The Tea of Life Herbal Iced Tea
I’m having a hard time thinking of something for the film Hugo. And I’d really love to incorporate Crazy Stupid Love into one of the menu items… Crazy Stupid Soda? Hmm, maybe not. What punny Oscar themed dishes can you think of to round out my menu?