So the day I found out I got the job in Phoenix, JenS and I had already scheduled a cupcake tasting. We were up to our elbows in cake batter, but it was sort of a moot point to have the tasting since we're not quite ready to franchise Buttercup Fairy Cakes. But we had invited over 30 people all expecting to sample cupcakes, so we decided to keep baking.
We made enough cupcakes so that everyone could have at least 1 of each flavor with tons left over for extra tastings.
This is what the sampler included, clockwise from the top:
– Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
– The Classic: Vanilla with Chocolate Frosting
– Devil's Food Cake with White Buttercream Frosting
– Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Jam filling and Powdered Sugar
– Coconut Cake with Coconut Frosting and Shredded Coconut
The Angel Food Cake was the surprise hit of the day! There were no leftovers of that flavor which is funny because I sort of just dreamed that one up not thinking it would be anything special.
And just because I'm moving to the other side of the country doesn't mean I'm going to stop baking!